Monday - Day 1 at OpenWorld

Arrived here in San Francisco ok as you can do after 10 1/2 hour flight.

Spent Sunday at the Salvation Army Harbor Light centre - a drug and alcohol detox and rehab unit. What an awesome place ... making a genuine difference in the lives of men and women who for one reason or another find themselves struggling with addictions. A 12oz rib eye with the centre director, his wife and a guy who went through the rehab programme and is now the assistant manager there! Then a trip into the SF Mission district to a Spanish speaking Salvation Army church for evening worship.... mexican food afterwards cooked by the pastors wife. I feel like I've already eaten enough for the whole week.

Well, it's Monday morning and I just walked the 7 blocks into Moscone Centre where the Oracle and now Java One conferences have been combined. This was already a big conference.... now it's even bigger. The enthusisastic young American girl at the Oracle registration desk just gave me her best, well rehearsed ,happy smiley patter at nose-bleed pace as I collected my pass, mandatory Oracle bag and ticket for the Wednesday party... my head is spinning.. (wonder if she'll be as enthusiastic after processing several more thousand attendees today?)

Will do my best to post highlights from each day.

Comments