The default homepage can be set Globally in personalizations and user's can optionally override this.
The question that was asked was "can I use Role based security to control what the user sees when they login". As far as I can see there's no delivered way to control this with Roles so on the way home on the train from the conference I coded this little hack using Signon PeopleCode.
- Create a new Funclib work record and add the following function
- Register this new function in Signon PeopleCode
- Reboot the application server for the signon code to take effect.
- Create the Role named "Fluid User" and give it to a user. When the user logs in their override by for HPPC personalization will be overriden and set to "F". This will force the user to the Fluid Landing Page.
- You could use Dynamic Role based security to automatically add the "Fluid User" role to users based on pretty much any criteria that you can logically write up in a PS Query.
Happy to hear of other ideas and suggestions.