1. FLUID: All applications being built going forward will be built using Fluid technology. It is the primary UI. It's not just a mobile technology. It is the PeopleSoft UI now. Classic, of course will still be available and supported.
|No PeopleSoft SaaS|
3. CLOUD: Oracle are NOT investing in a PeopleSoft SaaS offering. However, tools and features are being added to PeopleSoft in order to make it much easier to manage in a private or public cloud environment.
|Cloud "enable" PeopleSoft|
4. PEOPLETOOLS 8.55+: A whole ton of new features and improvements arriving in PeopleTools 8.55 and beyond including
- Fluid Dashboards
- Fluid Activity Guides with horizontal and vertical train-stops
- User will see the Fluid Homepage when they login as default now.
- Tile Wizard (like Pagelet Wizard)
- Central Homepage administration with push mechanism to deploy to users
- Tiles can now be resized by the user
- Navbar will now remember your context when it's collapsed and works a lot faster
- Fluid Master/Detail pages
|Fluid Simplified Analytics|
|Fluid Drag and Drop Forms Builder|
|Fluid Related Content|
|Fluid Cloud Attachments (wonder why Oracle Cloud Storage is not there?)|
|Fluid NavBar Improvements|
|Fluid User Preferences|
|Improved Fluid Approvals / Workflow|
I ended the day with my Cedar Consulting colleague and friend Duncan Davies (aka The PeopleSoft Tipster) on the Penthouse roof terrace of The Battery for a UK Partner networking event and BBQ.