There are 3 search types you can specify for a Fluid component : None, Standard (also known as Pivot Grid ) and Master /Detail (on page, left side, persistant search results).
Here's 5 things about None:
- None is the default Search Type for a Fluid Component and is set in the Component properties Fluid tab. It is often found in self service applications where the search data is known and already exists in the database (e.g. employee id)
Search Type = None
- A Search Type of None will not give you a search page (sorry to state the obvious here but some aspects of Fluid development are not always obvious). However, the component still requires a search record. This can be a record with no search keys such as the INSTALLATION table or a record with multiple search keys such as HR_SS_PERS_SRCH.
- Even though the Component search record may have search keys a Fluid component will not present a search page. Instead you must set search keys either in SearchInit PeopleCode event as the component loads or in a parameter record in a TRANSFER(...) function or as parameters in the URL.
Set search keys in SearchInit Transfer with keys in record
Search keys in URL parameters
- Use SearchInit PeopleCode event SetSearchBehaviorMode(0)to automatically execute the search and land on the first page.
- If you need to open a Fluid Component in Add mode then append &action=A parameter to the transfer URL or use the "A" parameter in the TRANSFER function. This is not as easy as it sounds with a Fluid component set to search type None and so if you need add mode it might be better to set search type = Standard (more on this in a future blog).